IN THE HEART OF MYTHICAL PROVENCE
The family LAPIERRE lived and cultivated vines since the end of the XVIII century on the communal lands of Coudoux .
In 1935, Jean LAPIERRE, officer of the French Navy, decided to devote himself entirely to the soil, which was mostly cultivated with olive trees.
In 1952, Max LAPIERRE succeeded his father and started the transformation of the agriculture property into winegrowing and transmitted all his “know-how” and his passion for this work to his son, Yves LAPIERRE.
In 1973, Yves LAPIERRE founded Domaine Saint Hilaire and became the owner of the estate. He focused all his attention on winemaking with the aim of producing a “Grand vin”, a wine of which its richness is drawn from the originality of the soil. This determined aim guided all his decisions, beginning from winegrowing, harvesting and “last but not least” to winemaking.
In 2011, Yves LAPIERRE, together with his two sons Nicolas and Bruno, undertook the construction of a winery, located in the heart of the vineyard, named Château Saint Hilaire.
The last works of the construction finished in 2016.